RiverRock hosts the Chelsea Foodbank at our campus on 65 River Road. The foodbank is open every Monday from 4:30pm to 6:00pm and on Wednesdays from 10:30 to Noon. We do not require detailed documentation of need, special vouchers or proof of residency. Nobody is treated as a number or expected to prove thay are not trying to “scam the system”.
We just ask that you abide by a few simple principles:
- If you truly need food, come by and get some.
- Be honest with us, we will be honest and straight forward with you.
- Respect those who arrived before you by letting them go ahead of you,
- and respect those who come after you by not taking more food than you really need.
- Treat the staff with respect, grace and patience and they will do the same.
- Pay it forward. Help others as you are being help. Bring food, bags, spread the word, encourage local grocers to give their excess to help others, grow a garden, volunteer in the foodbank or furniture mission, etc.